A.Vogel Cough Spray contains the herbs mullein and marshmallow. It can be used to bring about rapid relief for dry and tickly coughs and is suitable for adults and children above the age of 4 years.
The spray works by creating a protective film layer in the throat with antitussive (cough relieving) and soothing properties. It helps to reduce the irritation in affected membranes and tissues.
Adults: 3 sprays, 6 times daily
Children aged 4 to 12 years: 1 to 2 sprays, 6 times daily.
Shake before use. Each 30ml bottle delivers 150 sprays.
- Before first use, activate the spray by pressing the pump 2 or 3 times
- Do not exceed stated dose
- Do not use if you are allergic to honey or any of the other ingredients
- Children should use the product only under adult supervision. Not suitable for children under 4 years of age.
- Contains honey which has natural sugars. Each dose of 3 sprays contains 0.3g carbohydrates (0.3g sugars). Patients with diabetes should take this into account
- As a precaution, use during pregnancy or when breast-feeding is not advised
Ingredients of the spray are honey, water, Verbascum thapsus (Mullein) extract, Altharea officinalis (Marshmallow) root extract and potassium sorbate. Each 30 ml bottle delivers 150 sprays.
See your doctor if:
- You have a high fever or a fever for more than 3 days
- A cough is present in children under 3 months of age, or older than 75 years
- You feel shivery
- Your cough lasts more than three weeks without any improvement
- You have a persistent or recurrent cough caused by stomach acid or have other stomach complaints or symptoms
- You experience hoarseness or voice problems
1. How long will I need to use the Cough Spray before I see an effect?
This varies from one person to another but we would expect to see an improvement in your symptoms after the first few doses.
See your doctor if your symptoms persist, worsen or do not improve despite treatment.
2. Who can’t use the A.Vogel Cough Spray?